Note: all names published on this blog are pseudonyms.

Cycle # 3 Presentation

Cycle # 2 Presentation

Cycle # 1 Presentation

2.14.2008

Reading Interview - Nathan

I interviewed Nathan in the same structure. Interview questions are as well adapted from Mariotti and Homan (2001).

Exhibit 6
1. Do you like to read? Why or why not?
Yes. Because it has different characters.

2. Are you a good reader? What makes you think so?
No. Because ah… [pause] I don’t write on post-its.

3. If you were going to read a story about sharks/friendship, what would you do first?
A non-fiction book on Sharks – I can write on a post-it and see… [what are you going to write on the post-it?] I will open it and see the instructions and… I will look at the words first.
A fiction book on Friendship – I will go ask a friend to read with me and share the book.

4. What do you do when you come to a word that you do not know? What else do you do?
I will sound it out. And I point to the letter and make the first sound.

5. What do you do when you do not understand what you have read?
I will ask a teacher to help me with what’s happening in the book.

6. Name me some books you are reading at school. And at home.
School – Amber Brown, Junie B. Jones, Little Bill, and Mudge and Henry.
Home – I cannot remember.

7. How much time do you read at home?
20 minutes. [do you stop in between?] No.

8. Do you read with any young siblings, other kids, or parents at home?
My big brother reads to me and I read to my little sister. He reads to me every night.
[Do your parents read to you?] No.
[Do you like it when your big brother reads to you?] Yes.
[Do you pick the books?] No, he picks for me.

9. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch TV and play on the computer.

10. What are your favorite TV shows, or movies?
Nickelodean, and umm Charles In 2 and Charles In 3.

11. Are there some things about reading that you enjoy? What are they?
I like the different characters and they tell me, and umm… using dialogue and details for their actions.

12. Are there some things about reading that you don’t like? What are they?
[pause] Like Cam Jensen. Because he always think about what happens in the story. I also don’t like long books or thick books.

13. What kinds of things do you read a lot? What kinds of things do you like to read a lot?
Arthur’s books. Because Arthur is a good kid. And like me, because I am a good kid. And he goes to school like me.

14. What is the best story or book you have ever read?
Mr. Tupper and Tabby. When they go to adventure, they seem to have fun.
[So you like adventure books?] Yes.

15. What would you like to learn to make yourself a better reader?
How to do good with what’s happening in the story. Like jotting stuff down on the post-it. Read… reread the book.

16. What does “reading” mean to you?
Reading is… reading is like you do something and what’s happening in the story, and you are stuck on the word, and you sound it out.

17. Why do people read?
So they get more understanding and learn more things.


1 comment:

mourinho said...

Hi

Tks very much for post:

I like it and hope that you continue posting.

Let me show other source that may be good for community.

Source: Construction interview questions

Best rgs
David