Note: all names published on this blog are pseudonyms.

Cycle # 3 Presentation

Cycle # 2 Presentation

Cycle # 1 Presentation

2.11.2008

Revising my Research Question

After another week of observation, I find out a lot more about this group of students - their learning habits, abilities and behavior toward different types of instructions and structures. I have decided to revise my research question so that it reflects this particular group of students more relevantly. The question I had earlier, 'what are some promising strategies that could help third grade boys who are reluctant readers, to be more involved in reading fictional texts that they find disconnecting to their lives and experiences?' seem too ambitious at this time with this specific group. In addition, the question also underlies a lot of assumptions; 3rd grade reluctant readers who are boys, and who are disconnecting with texts, and who are reading fiction. At this moment, I think it is more appropriate to gear my question toward motivation and stamina.

Revised question: What are some promising strategies that could help third grade boys who are reluctant readers to be motivated in reading, and increase their stamina in reading?

No comments: